550 proposed homes that are affordable to a range of low- and moderate-income families
- Half of all homes built will be affordable to low- and moderate-income families.
- Many of the new homes will be large enough for families.
- Some of the homes will be built for CCSF faculty, staff and/or students.
Childcare and community spaces available to all community members
- New childcare center offering up to 100 spaces at a range of incomes for children from the surrounding community and from families who move into the new family housing.
- Additional community-use spaces on ground floors adjacent to public open spaces.
Neighborhood Park and Open Green Spaces
- A new centrally located proposed 2-acre park accessible for all community members.
- Over 4 acres of publicly accessible open spaces including recreation areas and pedestrian ways.
On-going Collaboration with City College of San Francisco
- Working jointly to help meet City College’s goals for the new facilities.
- All new buildings and community amenities designed to complement City College Performing Arts Education Center.
- Coordinating transportation management needs for students, faculty, existing and new residents.
- Funding to improve connections to BART/MUNI and I-280 from Phelan/Ocean.
- Coordinating neighborhood transportation improvements with SFMTA and City agencies.
- Proposal to build a new public garage for use by City College students and faculty, Ocean Ave. shoppers, and all members of the public.